never look back

Hello, world!  It's been a while, and I'd apologize, but I also won't because I never intended for this blog to be stressful or contrived. Admittedly I haven't been feeling very inspired to write lately, and I think that's in part me not wanting to open a can of mind worms.  The next several months are going to be full of transitions and uncertainties, and I'm actively trying to convince myself that everything is going to be fine, so long as I live in the moment and enjoy the ride.  Ambiguous enough?  Good!

Today I did absolutely NO work because I am a top notch employee, and instead I wrote this little tune.  Interpret as you'd like, but I think it's about running away from your problems.  At first it's as innocent as wanting to just stay in bed all day with your partner, listening to their breaths, weaving yourself around their frame for warmth.  Then, your mind wanders to wanting to up and sell your car, quit your job, redefine yourself.  And eventually your mind lands on an impulse - wanting to just pack up, get in the car, and drive away.  Your mind just kind of sits, meditating on that idea, until you are consumed by it.  You've imagined an existence where all your problems will evaporate once you move somewhere else, and suddenly you can no longer appreciate the present because the present is associated with obligation and distraction from your true self.

Anyway!  Here's the sketch:
https://soundcloud.com/fossil-jane/never-look-back


Lyrics:
I want to rest my head against
The rise and fall of your breath
I want to sell the car for rent
I want to drive away to Missoula
And never look back again
Never look back again.

Comments

Popular Posts