Leg Room ~poem

Mini Update!  I just moved to NYC on Sunday, and it's already been one hell of an emotional rollercoaster.  I think I'm feeling something different at the top of every hour, wobbling back-and-forth between feeling motivated, inspired, ready to take on the world; and questioning why I moved here and if I'm *truly* a city girl.  I keep trying to tell myself that I shouldn't feel comfortable; not yet and maybe not ever.  It's always difficult starting over, but it's probably even more difficult feeling like you're stuck in one place?

Anyway, here's a thing:

I rewrite the same song
But at least I admit it
Same strums; same chords
All recycled; pragmatic

Lost in the bustle
Of a city that gets it
Caught in the shuffle
Of syncretic dances

Came here on a whim to play
Into timing and fate
'Cause I have a lot to say
But my words won't take shape
Have a lot of stakes to place
But my feet won't walk straight
Blame my balance on the legroom
So I can complain

Comments

Popular Posts